Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lots of Doctor Appointments Now!

I had a doctor's appt. this week and looking good. I guess I had a little spill of protein but my blood pressure was 124/76 so no concern. I am still measuring small; I was 30weeks4days at my appt. and my belly was measuring in the 28th week. I would have never guessed I'd be measuring smaller before I was ever pregnant. (My concern was that I'd gain 80+lbs and be as big as a house!) Guess not so far.

The not so hot news is that I have to go in a week for a growth ultrasound and then the following week I will be monitored on Mondays and Fridays (yeah, twice a week) for NST's, non stress tests. I will spend a lot of time driving back and forth to Theda Clark hospital but it's not too bad. I asked the nurse how full-time people can fit this all in to their schedule, and she replied that usually at this stage when you need twice weekly NST's, you are either part-time or not working at all. Hmm....so fortunate I have a flexible job and that I'm feeling great overall.

My high school friend just emailed me and at 35 weeks she's on bedrest due to preterm labor. She started contracting at 32 weeks. Wow. That totally scares me. I am 31 weeks tomorrow and to think that honestly at anytime now I can have our baby is a little scary. I forgot to mention that at the appt. this past week the nurse comes in with special discussions regarding pre-term labor, pre-eclampsia information (that's sudden extreme high blood pressure--we're talking 160/110+) and a few packets about my birth wishes/birth plan. I also scored two free diaper bags from various formula companies and to be honest, the black bags aren't that ugly. Well, speaking from the fact I am a COACH snob and that's all of the bags I have (well except now for a brand new Petunia Picklebottom clutch from my friend Megan! :)

This appointment really hit home that being pregnant won't last forever. In fact, it'll be over in about 7-8 weeks! (They don't want me going over so it looks like I'll probably deliver or at least be induced, etc. before October 12th, my original due date)

No comments: